Remington i-Light Pro
http://www.scform.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/aa_aw13_ilight_pro_banner_en.jpg 980w” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px” />
I’m always a bit dubious about any product that promises professional results at home, especially hair removal devices.
After trialling the Remington i-Light Pro for about 6 weeks, I’m cautiously optimistic that this might just prove me wrong.
So here’s the deal:
- This is an at-home laser hair removal system, suitable for men and women.
- For men, you can use it anywhere apart from your sensitive bits and face.
- You simply pop the area of skin against the clear pane to check your skin colour. If you’re right for the device, it’ll switch on and you commence lasering. My skin is a medium/dark tan and I was fine to use this.
- Simply move to each new area with the head of the device and squeeze the trigger to zap.
How does it feel?
- It hurts! At least at the beginning. It feels like a sharp, hot pinch on the skin. However, as you move across the skin – you become more tolerant. I’m on session 2 at the moment and it’s a lot easier than the first time.
- Pro tip? Take a painkiller half an hour before you start. (Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor! That’s just what I did, try at your own risk etc. etc.)
Is there any prep work needed?
- Yes. This device delivers professional results and you need to take your prep seriously.
- Make sure you haven’t tanned at least 2 weeks before use.
- Once you start using this, you need to make sure you use sunscreen on that area every day, rain or shine.
- Post-laser, don’t go to the gym or take a hot shower. Allow the skin to rest overnight at the very least. I tend to use mine on a Sunday night.
- Use this once every 2 weeks/month depending upon how your skin reacts. No more often than that.
How did it work for you?
- I’ll update you on the long-term results but by treatment 2, my test areas (a patch on my arm, leg and chest) are already seeing a visible reduction of hair.
- It’s easy to use, even for a novice.
- The areas look red for about 24 hours after treatment. Plan your life/clothes accordingly!
Like I said, I’ll update you with the final results but if you’re interested, you can buy the Remington i-Light Pro here!