What to buy the guys this Christmas?
Every year I’m emailed by tonnes of very considerate ladies asking what to buy their husbands/boyfriends/sons for Christmas/birthdays/anniversaries. Well here are a few of my top selections this year! Lots of things guys would like for Christmas and couple of things they’d love to have but may not buy for themselves…
Guys – take a look, you might find something to add to your list!
In the interest of making the process as pain-free as possible, I’ve chosen products from one of my favourite male grooming retailers Niven & Joshua – they stock luxury, cult and just-plain-good grooming gear. Never had a problem ordering from them and the prices are competitive. Oh and before you ask, i’m not being paid by them!
- Merkur 4″ Professional Tweezers (£11.50) – Ever had a pair of tweezers go missing? Guess who’s got ‘em! These tweezers from Merkur are tough, durable and excellent quality. Unibrow no more!
- eShave Verbena Lime Start Up Kit (£30) – I love the award-winning Verbena Lime range from eShave and this handy kit contains mini shaving products for guys that want to step up their shaving game. You get a brilliant shaving oil, cream and after shave lotion as well as a Genuine Badger Hair Shave Brush. Not bad for £30!
- men-u Clay (£9.95) – It’s bloody difficult trying to find a properly matte hair product (i’m using a gross Vo5 one at the moment, need to stock up!) but this one from Men-u is perfect. Smells good, great for the bed heads!
I’ve chosen three skincare sets, all good in their own ways! I’ve tried all three of these at some point and can firmly put my stamp of approval on them – brilliant in terms of ingredients as well as results!
- For the first timer… Zirh Best Seller Kit (£41) This kit from the hugely popular Zirh contains all four of their award winning products in a simple routine. Face wash, scrub, shaving gel and moisturiser. They’re all packaged in robust, masculine-looking packaging, perfect if you’re looking to start someone on a skincare routine this Christmas.
- For the intermediate… Eyre BioBotanics Daily Basics Kit (£34) – This one’s for someone who already uses grooming products. The Eyre line is particularly good for sensitive and dry skin, I personally love this one.
- For the old-timer… Anthony Logistics Anti-Ageing Starter Kit (£50) – This is a fantastic kit for guys that’re concerned about the onset of wrinkles. Proven ingredients, good concentrations and the proper packaging – you may just want to snag one for yourself! You get a serum, moisturiser and eye cream.
- Korres Post-party Essentials (£18) – This cheeky little giftset from Korres is great for a quick fix. It contains everything you need to get you looking good and smelling great at short notice – even chewing gum!
- Compagnie de Provence Ylang Dry Oil (£27.50) – Tight, itchy dry skin this winter? Moisturising your body is a pain so pick up this dry oil spray from Compagnie de Provence instead! Spray after a shower, rub it in a little and hey presto! Skin is conditioned and it smells amazing. Gorgeous packaging too.
A few other face bits….
- Polaar Tinted Self Tanner (£21) Surprise your guy this Christmas with this self tanner from Polaar. It’s natural looking, easy to use and provides a light, bronzed wash of colour to the skin. He’ll pretend he’s not going to use it but I bet he’ll be suspiciously healthy-looking come boxing day…
- Anthony Logistics Complete Acne Treatment (£30) – This is a well formulated acne treatment with 2% Salicylic Acid, moisturisers and antioxidants. Fights ingrowns too. A fantastic moisturiser and acne treatment combo – one you may find yourself borrowing…
- Zirh Clay Mask (£15) – There’s something very satisfying about slapping mud all over your face and watching it suck out all the dirt and oil from your skin. This one from Zirh is really nice, leaves skin decongested and comes in manly packaging. Perfect! Another one of those things a lot of guys want but can be unwilling to buy themselves…
So suprise the guys in your life (or just treat yourself!) this Christmas with those selections – honestly, it’ll be a welcome surprise compared to the regular men’s giftsets you can buy in stores. All of these products are really pleasant to use, they look nice and they work! Have you started shopping yet?